Monday, January 09, 2006

Put Down the Cancer Stick and Bowl!

In many cities and states across the United States, a debate about smoke free work places rages on. Your local bowling center is one of those work places that the government is trying to make smoke free. I think it is about time. Many smokers feel their rights are being stomped.

It’s my right to be able to bowl in a league and not come home smelling like an ashtray. I do not have the right to run around the bowling center spraying bowlers with perfume. Why should my car smell like someone smoked all night it because I left my bowling equipment in it overnight? I do not have the right to place a dead fish in their car.

Besides the smell, there is the health issue. Why should one group of people be allowed to jeopardize another group of people’s health?

1 Comments:

Blogger drtew said...

As a teenager (long time ago) I bowled a leage and always had problems with coughing due to the smoke. I recently started bowling again after my company published a bowling book (One Step to 200 pretty good, it helped me). I didn't realize until I read this that I haven't seen a single smoker in or near the lanes. A very welcome change.

I'm not sure if the change is due to the laws here (Oregon, USA) or if the culture has changed that much I would guess the laws.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home